[box]“Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches…Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him. Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you – although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.” – the Apostle Paul – I Corinthians 7:17, 20-24[/box]
The inmates who are an active part of our Prison Ministry embody this powerful charge from the Apostle Paul. Although their circumstances and schedules are fairly set at this point in their lives, they nevertheless have MADE a CHANGE! They truly are FREE…from WITHIN! Their testimonies, letters, and examples bear out this fact. Men who were once violent and angry are now gentle, loving, and forgiving. Women who were confrontational and vengeful are now humble, sweet, and patient. It was another awesome week in the Remnant Fellowship Prison Ministry, and as the month of May winds down we are delighted to share a few reports from what is happening behind bars…in the lives of FREE-in-Christ men and women!
Ware State Prison – Georgia
- After viewing the Remnant Fellowship Passover Sabbath Assembly, the men agreed and said “AMEN!” to the testimonies that were shared in Nashville…and they agreed to a man that this teaching that God has given to us through Gwen has TRULY CHANGED their lives!
- The men were deeply touched and moved at hearing that our CHILDREN are ASKING to go to Church.
- An inmate named Steven prayed that all of the inmates involved in this Ministry would reach out to, encourage, and pray for one another.
Valdosta Transitional Facility – Georgia
- One of the prison officials shared that she was VERY GRATEFUL that this Church is doing classes at the facility. It is making a difference!
- She also is assisting us in getting into Valdosta State Prison. Please pray for this effort!
- All of the new men in the class that the Ministry is currently conducting are very receptive to the message and the testimonies backing up the message.
Williamson County Jail – Tennessee
- An inmate (Donald) shared publicly…after the FIRST CLASS…saying that he has been in and out of jail for years and that this is the FIRST REAL HOPE he has EVER had in ending his drug and alcohol addiction. Praise GOD!
Clermont County Jail – Ohio
- An inmate (Miranda) who took this Ministry’s classes while incarcerated in the facility but is now OUT of the facility shared with one of our class leaders (Beth) the following: “Watching Gwen on Remnant TV. Thank you. I think I really found what my stronghold is – greed. I have always wanted more.”
As you can see, the “good fruit” (changed lives, sin laid down, being more Christ-like every day…) coming from this Prison Ministry effort is growing and is a sweet blessing in the Kingdom of GOD! And speaking of a “sweet blessing,” we’re taking our final few words for this article to share with you a CALLING. Our dear brother and sister in Christ – Vernon and Phyllis Eikenberry – have been members of this Church for most of its existence. They moved from California to Tennessee a few years ago and have served this Church for some time now as Deacons. In ADDITION, they have been a part of our Prison Ministry since its inception in 2007. When Gwen felt GOD’S leading to start this Ministry in 2007 (as a result of the incarceration of another dear brother and sister in Christ – Joseph and Sonya Smith – you can read more about them and the truth about their story here), Vernon and Phyllis were eager to help in any way they could. While living here in Nashville, Tennessee, they have traveled thousands of miles each year to the various facilities where we’ve held classes…and have been loyal, faithful, selfless servants in helping the inmates experience the classes that Gwen has put together.
In recent weeks (mid-Spring of 2013), the Eikenberrys shared with Gwen and everyone else in our Church Leadership that they were feeling GOD’S calling for them to take another “geographical” step in their journey. They feel the Lord leading them to move to GEORGIA, where this Ministry is involved in many classes in several facilities…and with more facilities getting ready to sign on. This Spirit-led act of humility and faith is precious in the Lord’s sight, and while we in Nashville will miss seeing them on a daily and weekly basis here, we KNOW that GOD’S calling upon their lives is powerful, and He has a wonderful plan and purpose in having this strong couple be CLOSER to the facilities where life-changing impacts are being made. VERNON and PHYLLIS – we will miss you! But the Spirit of the Lord is on you strongly, and we entrust you with carrying out this message of GOOD NEWS…of FREEDOM FROM SIN…of LIVING LIKE CHRIST. And we know that the inmates that you now will see even MORE frequently will benefit greatly from having you close by…visiting them, encouraging them, and keeping these life-changing classes going regularly. May GOD bless you…and we LOVE you dearly!
Praise GOD for the Remnant Fellowship Prison Ministry! And YOU TOO can end your struggles, addictions, and unhappiness…just like these inmates are learning to do. Visit us and find out how!