“Summer Day Camp” – Those three simple, short words are music to the ears of the children and parents of the Remnant Fellowship! But this is no ordinary Summer Camp experience for this Church. This Monday through Thursday Camp experience is more fun than words can describe, and it is a huge opportunity to strengthen our “connections” with GOD Almighty and with each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Our own salvation depends upon having a loving, totally obedient, gladly-under-authority RELATIONSHIP with GOD…and a relationship with others, and we have the privilege of passing down what we are learning to these precious children – not only during Day Camp but at ALL times! And the Summer is a perfect time to devote even MORE time to these efforts…since the children will be together Monday through Thursday each week. SO – building this relationship with GOD and with others will be the premise that drives every activity for our Day Campers this Summer – from studying GOD’S Word to a daily mindset of prayer, from every art project, craft, and song to every other fun activity, from the friendships built and strengthened to learning to love GOD more with each passing day, our children will end the Summer and enter the Fall school semester with stronger relationships with GOD than they’ve ever had before!
If you haven’t had the opportunity to see or experience our Summer Day Camp over the years, here is just a sampling of some of the overwhelming blessings that are taking place as a result of this message being put into practice during these Summer months…
- Our 2014 Summer Day Camp features over 300 children – from ages 5 through 18…PLUS college aged Youth assisting as well – from not only our Nashville congregation, but also from Remnant Fellowship locations around the world! Many U.S. states are represented…as well as other countries like Canada, Colombia, Spain, and Austria.
- Weekly activities will include youth choir rehearsals, swimming, water activities, slip-n-slide, nature hikes, visits to local nature centers, visits to the Nashville ZOO, exploring botanical gardens, and lots of sporting activities – both team and individual…with Godly sportsmanship being at the heart of any and all competitions.
- Daily devotionals will provide awesome direction, feedback, worship, and wisdom to carry through each day. NOTE – Our devotional times will be at a NEW TIME this Summer – beginning at 1:00pm (after lunch) – instead of the morning time. Gwen’s powerful and practical lessons, along with sharing and testimonies offered by other Camp leaders, will help give every listener, of all ages, an awesome focus for the day! AND – each TUESDAY will be special for the Remnant Saints around the world…as those afternoon devotionals and shout-outs will be shown via WEBCAST to all the Saints who can join us online! Video Replays of those webcasts also will be made available each week.
- The children are reading the Bible daily and also are memorizing several Scripture passages throughout the Summer. As those words are studied and shared, they are being impressed upon their hearts and minds. They are soaking up these Truths and are learning more about Spiritual Warfare than ever before.
- The fun continues with art projects designed to point the children up to GOD for everything, service projects, teen-led praise and worship in song, baking activities, and writing letters of encouragement to Remnant members around the world. And the children also have the option to go through a Weigh Down Class, which teaches them to look to GOD for EVERYTHING!
- The adults and teenagers who volunteer to be Counselors testify that THEY feel like the “blessed ones” to be spending the Summer around such Godly, sweet, loving, obedient, joyful children!
- Any Remnant member school-aged children from outside of Nashville are welcome to visit Day Camp and participate as Campers if you’re in Nashville at all during the Camp session. PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE for this so that we can plan for your arrival. And any Remnant adults are more than welcome to help serve during the Camp session if GOD grants you the time and leading to do so.
The list of blessings and activities can and does go on and on and on.
This Church treats each Summer as much more than a “break from school.” This is a tremendous opportunity for our children to grow in wisdom and in stature…and in favor with GOD. And along the way, they are building friendships that will last a lifetime. Not only that, but they also are learning valuable skills that will take them through school, relationships, a career, and building families…all of which have GOD as the center of every day. Getting their prayers answered through this “connection” to GOD is essential for their lives, and they are living this out!
Praise GOD for the Remnant Fellowship Summer Day Camp experience…and for every volunteer who helps to make it happen.